JAMES and KATHERINE . . .PLUS TWO INCREDIBLE TEENAGERS AND ONE CRAZY LIFE!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Am Humbled!!

It was wild to say the least! Christmas and two weeks of vacations with a 7 and 9 year old! A fun kind of wild! Busy is a word I really had no comprehension of until the past 11 weeks! I used to think teaching and making a nice home for James and myself kept me busy . . .I had NO IDEA!!!!

As I mentioned to a friend recently over clothing choices of my new daughter - I apologize to all the mommys I silently criticized regarding such frivolous matters! I am learning a new sort of humbleness!

I am trying to be my very organized self and yet have fun and keep everyone happy - it a new assignment that I am enjoying and some days finding a real challenge. I have decided that it is okay if everything is not perfect and if our home is more "house functional" - rather than "house beautiful"!

Changes I have made to accomplish sanity in my new motherhood role and managing the house -

*I now use paper napkins

*I don't use every dish in the cupboard to make the table setting "look pretty"

*I dish up food from the stove more often

*I don't put mustard and mayo in those cute little condiment dishes - it's straight out of the bottle for us

*Sandwiches can be eaten off of a paper towel instead of a plate

*All t-shirts do not have to be ironed

*Most of the crystal now resides in the display cabinet - instead of on coffee and end tables - for it's own safety!

*We now own plastic drinking glasses

*We now buy Spray and Wash, paper towels, and toilet paper in the economy size

*We now allow eating in the living room

*We have art work "taped" on bedroom walls and stickers placed lovingly by a 7 year old on our mirrored closet doors

And at the end of the day it is all worth it - as well as the many changes to come. None of those things seem nearly as important as they did a few months ago!

2 comments:

Diana said...

I have a REALLY big smole on my face... HUGE. And yes, I'm laughing a little... XO

Diana said...

I meant smile. :)