JAMES and KATHERINE . . .PLUS TWO INCREDIBLE TEENAGERS AND ONE CRAZY LIFE!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two Precious Words . . .

There are some words you just don't realize have the impact that they do.

Yesterday Justin and Andrea got in the car all giddy - they had something exciting to tell me they said! So, naturally I waited for the exciting news . . . they informed me that they had decided to call us Mom and Dad.

We immediately called James on the bluetooth in the car and they told him - I'm glad I wasn't in the same room - it's hard to watch a grown man lose it!

Anyway when we did arrive at the office the two of them hurriedly went into our conference where the big whiteboard is and started writing us the sweetest love notes. About that time the social worker stopped by for a visit and was blown away by- in her words- they are claiming us!
James and I were next to tears!

Mom and Dad . . . two precious words from the two most precious kids!

4 comments:

Nicole M said...

I am just crying right now...that is so touching. How sweet are these two precious kids. They are yours. Congrats mommy and daddy! Im soooooo happy for you! are the kids living with you and James now?

side of fries said...

Tears. in. my. eyes... I just couldn't be happier for you two. What a beautiful, beautiful time!

Diana said...

You have a whole other kind of "first words" memory to hold dear.
I think one of the most amazing things about being adopted is being chosen.
Sounds like you get to experience BOTH sides of that precious experience!
You chose them, and now they've chosen you! Of course God had the brilliant plan all along!
Man, He's good!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you got me with this amazing story! What a great miracle for you and the kids. Knowing what a process it is to adopt kids these days, you have the perfect story to inspire others to do the same. As parents, Gary and I share in your joy and look forward to an occassion when we might meet your growing family. God Bless all of you!