JAMES and KATHERINE . . .PLUS TWO INCREDIBLE TEENAGERS AND ONE CRAZY LIFE!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Like Mother - Like Daughter

This weekend James went up north to his annual "golfer guys" reunion. This is a trek that James started organizing and includes about 6-7 of the closest golf buddies from Santa Maria Country Club. They played on the high school and some of them on the college golf team together - so it is a fun weekend of golf, bbq's and old memories! I am so glad he gets to have this special time!

I, on the other hand, spent a lot of extra mother-daughter time with my mom. Since I have been helping James in the office (and didn't get the usual "teacher summer vacation") we haven't had as much time together as we usually do each summer!

We were talking about getting the kids and mom remarked that I was born so close to her birthday that she always thought of me as her birthday present. Well, I had just been thinking that myself . . . my birthday is next month and I all I want is my two children. Like mother - like daughter!

I told James that and he said that is all he wants for my birthday,too!

1 comment:

Nicole M said...

HOw could I possbily forget the pumpkin butter and the pumpkin cream cheese...yum-o!