JAMES and KATHERINE . . .PLUS TWO INCREDIBLE TEENAGERS AND ONE CRAZY LIFE!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Off to Indy

Well today James and  will head out for Indy for the 9th time to see the Indy 500 - it's the kid's first time.  After we got the darlings we thought our Indy 500 days were over, but it seems Justin has taken a little interest in racing or should I say a certain race car driver (see previous blog - "That's My Boy!") and Andrea loves all the different foods at an event like that - so . . .here we go again.  We'll see how they do at an all day race event - we did go to the Long Beach Grand Prix for about 2 hours this year and  that turned out well -so we are hopeful!

Of course one of the major highlights of this trip is getting to see relatives that transplanted to the Indy area.  Our kids got to meet my cousin's family while they were  in LA last year - so they are anxious to see Grant again and meet their new cousin Grace.
Andrea is especially excited about getting to help with the little ones - she is such a natural and wherever we go she gravitates towards the little guys that she can "mother"!
She'll make a great babysitter when she is older!

Did I mention that packing for 4 is much different than for two????  It has taken me DAYS and I'm sure that I have forgotten some very important item or two . . .
Oh well . . .

No comments: