JAMES and KATHERINE . . .PLUS TWO INCREDIBLE TEENAGERS AND ONE CRAZY LIFE!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Two Weeks Ago???????

I am kind of blog junkie - mostly because I love to know what my relatives and friends are up to. Prior to two years ago I'd never even looked at a blog and am not sure I even knew what one was.
Then my cousin in Indianapolis adopted their adorable little Grant and mentioned we could follow their adoption journey on their blog. One read and I was hooked. Where else can you practically get to read someone's diary without invading their privacy. Now I follow several - it is all I can keep up with!

We started this blog when we decided to adopt, just so the children would have a running journal of their adoption story. And now I notice upon reading my cousin's blog this morning that I have not posted anything for two weeks! Yikes . . . I tell you I am one busy mom! The following is evidence!

So here's the update :













We went to El Toritos for dinner the first night they moved in. The servers were so excited about the adoption that they gave the kids their own sombrero - so out came the camera!!!



The kids started school and are doing very well. Andrea is student of the month for November and Justin has a teacher whose children I taught beginning my first year of teaching! What a blessing!

We went to the pumpkin patch and had a fun Sunday afternoon. When I was a kid you either bought a pumpkin at the grocery store or you went to one of those patches that actually grew pumpkins and picked one right off the vine. Well now in So Cal you go to a lot (that will soon be a Christmas tree lot) and spend a fortune on carnival rides, bounce houses, etc. and then choose a pumpkin that you can barely lift into the trunk of the car. It was great fun!!!!!!!




!




HALLOWEEN'S cutest Barbie Princess and most handsome Star Wars Clone Trooper!

Halloween was a blast! Our good friends "Uncle" Cary and "Auntie"Shirley came over for dinner (bearing gifts and cupcakes - no less), then James took two very excited "trick or treaters" out for the candy run! (Thanks, Ashley for the cupcakes! They were declared yummy by all!) They had so much fun! As new parents we had that dilemma that many parents go through - just how much candy do you let the kids eat, keep, etc?????? I was so proud when Justin decided to give his candy to the poor children (they had a drive at the school) so that they could develop the cavities! Andrea couldn't bring herself to give it all up . . . but she did give up part of it and shared the rest with Justin. Fortunately the dentist told me that the cavities they had filled this week were not from this Halloween - but instead "sugar germs" that they had experienced some time ago! Whew . . . what a relief!

Last, but certainly not least . . .Justin got a hamster this past weekend. He named her Sunshine - like we don't already have enough sunshine in the house with these two sweeties?????? Anyway he is a proud owner and very responsible taking care of her! Andrea has Brodie, the parakeet, in her room and she loves taking care of him! She plans to be a vet when she grows up , although she calls it a vegetarian. The later I suspect she will never be because she is quite the carnivore!

I'll try not to wait so long to write my next post - this took forever!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Awesome. I'm just so happy for you. I know Lori Arneal is trying to organize something so we can all get together and the kids can meet and just a huge day of fun. I hope it comes together.

Your kids are beautiful! Congratulations! Happy to see you blogging!